You’ve loaded your dishes into your domestic helper, set the program, the machine starts, and the normal washing process begins. But something went wrong, the dishwasher does not empty and stops, and instead of the usual murmur of water you hear strange noises or hang in an incomprehensible silence. The situation is unpleasant, but coping with it is not difficult. How?
Standard error codes of popular models
Many modern dishwashers have an option of self-diagnosis. It is embedded in the software module. The machine with the help of certain algorithms identifies the failure and displays it on the screen in the form of a specific code.
The depth of such analysis depends on the manufacturer, model, and generation of the control module.
Error codes of some manufacturers:
Bosch – E21-E25, END.
Electrolux – END, i20, E24, E21.
If the dishwasher has no display, blinking sensors will inform about the breakdown. How exactly it will happen depends on the model, usually, the deciphering of the light warning is given in the manual.
Some Bosch modifications do not react to trouble in the drain system and continue to wash dishes in the used water. The user learns about the failure only after opening the door at the end of the program when he sees that there is water in the tank.
How do I reset the error codes? There are two ways. The first is to turn off the dishwasher for 15-20 minutes so that it restarts. The second is to press “On” and hold it for a while. This resets the user settings and returns to the factory settings.
Simple malfunctions and remedies
When the machine does not drain, the question of what to do, there are two answers – to eliminate physical obstacles in the drainage system or replace the broken part.
Any dishwasher manual says that you should not neglect the simple rule – clean dishes from food debris before loading them into the chamber. Debris is the leading cause of drain problems.
#1 – A kinked or clogged drain hose
A kinked drain hose is a simple but not the most common problem. Check how it’s positioned. The part may be bent or jammed with some object. A clog can form in a jammed place.
It’s also a good idea to press on all the elastic to loosen the dirt.
To remove the hose and clean it, you need:
- Disconnect the machine from the power supply.
- Remove the panel from below under the door by removing the screws.
- Disconnect the hose from the sewer, using pliers to remove the clamp.
- Dip one end of the tube into a bucket (pot) and turn on the drain mode. If water leaks from it, the sewer or siphon is clogged (we will consider this case below). If there is no water, the problem is hidden in the machine itself.
- Knock the debris out of the hose.
- Let a powerful water pressure through the tube, for which a garden hose is ideal. The pressure will knock out the rest of the debris.
- You can clean the hose with a long wire, but act carefully. To avoid damaging the tube itself, round off the end of the wire with a bend.
- When the hose is cleaned or you have bought a new one, plug it back in, put the clamp in place, and the bottom panel. The tube should be tilted – from the machine to go slightly up and down. If that’s okay, we’ll look at it next.
#2 – Food residue in the filtration system
The problem with the drain may be a trivial bone that has jammed the filter assembly. If you look into this compartment, on some models of dishwashers, you can see a screw, unscrewing it will hit the gear. It is jammed with small debris. It is necessary to remove all unnecessary things for the gear to start.
Clean the dishwasher filters:
- Open the door and take out all the baskets.
- – Unscrew the lid of the filter, which is located at the bottom of the chamber.
- – Take out the glass and grid.
- – Rinse both parts. If you can not do it just under running water, from handy tools is a toothbrush or detergent.
- – Unscrew the cover of the drain pump and check this place for debris. Be careful, not only food remains, but also splinters of dishes can get here.
- – After all the manipulation, close the pump, and return the filter back into place.
Are you sure that everything is in order? Test the machine.
#3 – Debris in the sewer
If water is leaking from the drain hose when you disconnect it, the dishwasher is in good working order and the problem is hiding in the drain. Causes of clogs: impurities in water, corrosion of pipes, the dirt washed off dishes, grease. Minor debris can be removed with ordinary boiling water – it must be poured into the sewer hole.
A few effective ways to clean the sewer:
Soda + salt. In a glass of hot water add baking soda and salt, dissolve, pour into the sewer, wait 10 minutes and rinse with a running stream.
A vacuum cleaner with back-blowing. If a household has a vacuum cleaner with back-blowing, wrap the tube with a rag and insert it into the hole in the sewer, turn it on. The method is suitable for light soiling.
Plunger. Use a plunger if its diameter fits the hole.
A metal rope. We clean the sewerage system with a special rope by inserting a flexible metal hose into the pipe and turning it. Take the dirt to the outside and flush the pipe with water. This method is dangerous for plastic pipes.
Soda + vinegar. Pour a glass of soda into the drain and pour a glass of vinegar, close the hole with some kind of lid.
To dissolve dirt, you can also use chemicals from the store.
Do not forget about protective gloves and general caution when working with them – the products can cause damage to your skin and health.
#4 – pump cleaning required
If the dishwasher is so arranged that you can remove the pump yourself, it is better to clean it. Carefully remove the part, first unscrewing all fasteners, and removing clogs.
Next, you need to check the ease of rotation of the internal impeller. You do not need to do this with your hands, take a handy object – a wooden stick, or a pencil, so as not to hurt your hands on the possible splinters.
If the problem areas are cleaned, run the machine in test mode. Still no problem?
The best solution is to call a master at home or contact the service center. This calls us, and we will give you the best repair service AT ALL SAN DIEGO. With our superior performance, absolute accuracy, extensive knowledge and experience, fast and efficient service, friendly attitude, free maintenance consultation, and after-service warranty, we are proud to say that we are the leading Repair Service Provider in San Diego. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we are always committed to what we do. We are open 24/7 a week, on weekends and holidays. Our engineers will come to you 15 minutes after your call in urgent cases. Give us a call, and SAN DIEGO APPLIANCE REPAIR will solve any problem.